Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Remembering my son.

Last night I was working on final touches for the publisher.  Played with the idea of putting a picture of Jason in the book, but due to the cost, I settled for a statement that he will always be with me in my heart or something like that.  Some of my friends and family thought I should dedicate the book to Jason, but in all honesty, I'm a little angry with him for leaving us and causing me such pain.  I chose instead to dedicate the book to the person who kept me alive during my deep depression - my husband Scott.  Without him the book would never have been written and my daughter would have lost not only a brother, but also her mother.  But I do need to have the in memory of Jason page because he's forever in my heart and always on my mind.  My sweet son.  I always had such a strong connection with him, maybe because he was a lot like me.  Maybe it's the mother and son thing.  I don't know.  I just know that I love both my children who are very different from each other - almost polar opposites.  So naturally my relationship with each one is different.  Shannon is my role model - and I am in awe of her and all she achieves each day.  She's everything I wish I could be - beautiful, goal oriented, driven and extremely organized to get more done in a day than I can do in a week.  She's my hero.

Got to get showered for work.  Maybe I'll post some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment