Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weird tricks your mind plays when you are sick.

When I got home from work on Wednesday, I was very sick.  Sore throat, coughing, high fever, sinus congestion.  Basically I felt like crap.  Have slept a lot these past few days and let me tell you that probably any one of my hallucination dreams would be a best seller if only I could remember them.  Wow.  What insight.  Once I actually felt I could understand what it's like to have people talking inside your head.  Not actually to you but in the background.  You find yourself straining to hear what they are saying and hoping it's not about you.  Whoa!  Scary.

My mind generally is like an amusement park.  During the day all bright and shiny, but at night all scary with unexplained happenings.  Was that head chopping block there this morning?  And if it's ketchup, why doesn't it smell like tomatoes instead of making you want to gag?  And the haunted house sways as if it is alive.  Who wants to go inside?  Who's brave enough to step inside my mind and take a ride at night?  Come on.  Be brave.  I have to go every night, but when I'm sick and on medication with a high fever, it's no fun.  Can't wait to leave this fun house and go back to the Carousel.  Hope to see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment